Prune avocado and cauliflower puree combination great as stage 2 baby food, suitable for babies 8 months and up including baby led weaning. This baby puree recipe yields a smooth and creamy consistency with a touch of sweetness and provides enough fiber to helps relieve your baby’s constipation.
The ingredients used in this baby puree recipe can be served separately, but if you want to provide a more complex nutrition for your baby, that delivers healthy fats, fiber and carbohydrates in just one meal, then this avocado, cauliflower and prune puree is just perfect.
Avocado Cauliflower And Prune Baby Puree Stage 2
You can easily build nutrient-dense stage 2 avocado baby food with healthy fats, vitamins and minerals that a baby needs for complete nourishment with just a few basic ingredients:
- Avocado – is one of the best fruits for baby when it comes to brain development (especially between one and two years of age) the fat also helps kids better absorb the fat-soluble nutrients like vitamins A, D, K, and E which may come from other foods, so definitely make smart puree combinations. Use fresh or frozen.
- Cauliflower – cauliflower is high in vitamin C and a good source of folate, vitamin K, B complex vitamins, and vitamin E. Cauliflower is also a great source of dietary fiber that help feed the healthy bacteria in the gut and prevent digestive conditions like constipation. Use fresh or frozen.
- Prunes – are rich in antioxidants plus are good source of both insoluble and soluble fiber – they help keep the bowel movements regular while absorbing nutrients from food.
How To Make Cauliflower Prune And Avocado Puree
- Steam the cauliflower florets (it should comprise about 35 % of ingredients).
- Soak the prunes in hot water for 10 minutes until soft enough to blend into a puree. It should comprise about 35 % of ingredients, the sweetness will mask perfectly the bitter taste of cauliflower.
- Cut the avocado and peel (it should comprise about 30 % of ingredients) – this will provide creaminess and smoothness.
This post may contain affiliate links. To read the disclaimer policy See This.
How To Store
- Store leftovers for 1-3 days in the refrigerator.
- Freeze up to 3 months in an airtight container (use a silicone ice tray with a lid, to keep divided portions).
- Thaw / reheat – just pop the divided portion off the freezer and place in the fridge overnight to thaw. Serve at room temperature, no need to heat it.
Need more puree recipes? Check out the puree category for more ideas!
More Baby Puree Stage 2 Ideas
- Sweet Potato Apple Broccoli Puree For Baby Stage 2 (6 month +)
- Baby Oat & Prune Porridge (6 Months +, Toddlers)
- Baby Food With Prunes + Combinations
- Avocado Baby Food Ideas + Combinations
- Butternut Squash Soup For Babies
- Chicken Soup For Baby
- Carrot Soup For Babies
Prune Avocado Cauliflower Puree For Baby (Stage 2)
- 7-8 dried prunes (soaked)
- 2-3 cauliflower florets (steamed)
- 1/3 medium avocado
- water (to blend into puree)
- Steam the cauliflower florets until tender for about 7-8 minutes.
- Steep the dried prunes with hot water to soften (about 10 minutes). Then discard the water.
- Pull out the pit from avocado and use 1/3 of the inner flesh (peeled).
- Combine all ingredients in a blender (3 parts ingredients 1 part filtered water) and mix until smooth.
- For older babies (9 months+) you can make a more textured food and adjust the quantity of added water as needed.
Disclaimer: The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only and not intended for medical advice. Please refer to my full disclaimer for more info.
©ThrivingNest. Content and photographs are copyright protected and need prior permission to use. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to other websites and any social media is strictly prohibited. Sharing and using the link of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated!