These mini strawberry Santa hats have a light and airy spongy cake base covered by whipped cream and finished with fresh strawberries and a cute pom pom on the tip to mimic a Santa Claus hat. Making these strawberry Santa hat dessert is easy and requires just a few ingredients. The kids and little toddlers will just love them!
These strawberry Santa hats have just the right amount of sweetness with the cream and fruit that melts in your mouth. And the mini “cupcake” bites provide a sturdy base to keep everything in place. It is quite easy to make and so cute looking!
More Holiday Dessert Recipes
Mini “Santa Hat” Strawberry Cake Bites
Mini Cake Base
- 3 medium eggs (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup maple sugar (or other granulated sugar)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (preferably organic)
- 4 tbsp maple sugar (or regular granulated sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 24 strawberries
- Wash the strawberries and let them dry on a paper towel while you prepare the rest.
- Preheat Oven to 350˚F. Let the eggs rest at room temperature.
Make The Mini Sponge Cupcakes
- In a medium bowl beat 3 medium eggs for 1 minute on high speed. With the mixer on, gradually add the sugar and continue beating 8-10 minutes until thick and fluffy.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder then sift this mixture into fluffy egg mixture one half at a time. Fold with a spatula just until incorporated. Use gentle moves so you won't deflate the batter.
- Divide the batter using a an ice cream scoop into prepared mini muffin pan. Since it's ceramic (non-stick) you don't need to grease it. Bake at 350˚F for 14-15 minutes or until top is golden brown. Remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack. Cool cakes to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until a stiff peak forms. Using a spatula, transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a small piping tip.
- Using a knife, cut off the leaf-end of each strawberry to make a flat surface.
- Pipe high swirl of frosting on each mini sponge cake. Place the prepared strawberry hats on top and pipe a small ball of frosting on top of the hats. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Best to serve the assembled strawberry Santa hats the same day.
©ThrivingNest. Content and photographs are copyright protected and need prior permission to use. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to other websites and any social media is strictly prohibited. Sharing and using the link of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated!